Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Welcome to the Dance Parent Problems Blog


Hi there! Welcome! If you're just joining us here, you're probably familiar with the Twitter page: https://twitter.com/DanceParentProb  We have lots of fun over there telling our stories of tuition bills, pointe shoes, crazy parents, making fun of that tv show, competition mishaps, and the list goes on and on. The problem is that sometimes, you just can't get the whole story in 120 characters.

Despite the name, this space is for everyone: parents (moms and dads!), dancers, teachers, companies - share your stories: Tell me about the time that you had to come up with your own costumes at the last minute. Let us know about that one parent who is convinced that her 3 year old has a Joffrey scholarship in her future. Tell us about the time your shoe went flying into the judge's lap while you were on stage.

I have plenty of stories to tell, but for now,  I want to hear yours. You can send them to me at danceparentproblems@gmail.com or fill out the contact form below. I promise, no names will ever be published (unless you ask me to).

A few guidelines:
I will not publish anything that reveals another dancer or family's name. I will not publish your studio name. If you want your name on the story, that's fine. But, we are not here to hurt anyone's feelings.
I will not publish a video or picture of another dancer - we've all seen that dancer. Kind of a mess, but bless her heart she's trying. I won't be putting up a video for you to make fun of her.

Once in while (timeline will depend on how busy this blog gets and may change), I'll have a Featured Friday where you can submit a really cool picture or video (must be your picture/video) so you can show off your skills to the readers!

I think this is going to be really fun! Start sharing and we'll get going soon!

2 comments:

Unknown on August 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM said...

Glad to see you up and running!!

bml on August 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM said...

Fun!

Post a Comment

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2014 Dance Parent Problems, LLC. Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com